Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Paula Zahn revealed -- CNN is not liberal

Watching CNN today Zahn let two things slip, the first was her resentment that Bruce Springsteen is campaigning for Kerry, "Yeah, we love his voice but some of us don't like it that he's campaigning for that man," she said as an unanticipated reaction to one of Kerry's spokesperson's being excited about the upcoming Sprinsteen/Kerry gig.

The second slip was not of her doing. She was interviewing an "undecided" astronaut (please!) who won't reveal the candidate that he's leaning toward. He did reveal this fact, Paul Zahn was a 1987 graduate of Stephens College (like the astronaut's wife).

Stephens College is a dixie style "finishing school" in Columbia, Missouri. Columbia is also home to one of Missouri's most respected public universities, UMC.

It was my perception growing up in Missouri that men liked to send women to Stephens who will not challenge their intellect, will always look pretty, and will know how to entertain their clients. As an adolescent I was once told that going to Stephens was all I needed to become a "classy lady."

As you might imagine, I've never had much respect for an institution that seemed solely defined as a lady-maker, but I had no idea that it also produces successful and biased journalist-lights. I'll have to reconsider my original assessment...

From their website:

"Being part of an academic tradition is very different from living a traditional life." I don't think they meant to suggest that the two are incompatible, doh...

I think blog this qualifies as blog trivia (have a I penned that expression?) :-)

No comments: