Saturday, October 23, 2004

Interesting missing newspaper endorsements

I find it interesting which states newspapers haven't endorsed Bush at all:

Florida
Bush 0 Kerry 7

Missouri
Bush 0 Kerry 3

I've been thinking that Missouri won't go for Kerry in my analysis (it's too heartbreaking to be dissapointed by my home state), but when I see that little symbol in the newspaper endorsements I start to consider the large university system there (it mostly exports...) who have probably had record registrations that aren't being polled. A Republican we spoke to last night quipped that this is the "cell phone generation!" Missouri also has lots of old people there who have a sense of history and are probably disappointed or pissed off at Bush. Then we have good voting in Missouri due a sense of sacredness at the polls (which used to be the case in Ohio, and I'm holding out that the loyal Ohio pollworkers that I knew from both parties will tell GOP disrupters to go to hell) to the relative lack of fraud that's happening there (thank you, Missouri!).

I now think Missouri, despite state polls, is going to go Kerry...that puts him at 313 by my count!!

No comments: