Thursday, October 14, 2004

More faux outrage

"Now, you know, I did have a chance to assess John Kerry once more and now the only thing I could conclude: This is not a good man," she told a crowd of 800 debate-watchers in a Pittsburgh suburb. "Of course, I am speaking as a mom, and a pretty indignant mom. This is not a good man. What a cheap and tawdry political trick." Lynn Cheney

Exactly what did Kerry do wrong by using Mary Cheney as an example of being born gay and blessed by G_d? Granted, I wish he'd used a relative from his own turf just to save him from this ridiculous attack, but in principle, it really shouldn't matter WHO is gay.

"You saw a man who will do and say anything to get elected, and I am not just speaking as a father here, although I am a pretty angry father," Dick Cheney said.

Wow, Kerry said Mary Cheney is gay by birth, oh so shocking to who exactly? Why is this awful exactly?!?! Are you embarressed, ashamed, shy, was he wrong and it was a choice and not birth for her? Please name what is so awful about what Kerry did!!! The suspense is killing me!

This is what Mr. Dick Cheney, White House chief of staff, gave as campaign advice to associates in 1976:

"Principle is okay up to a certain point, but principle doesn't do any good if you lose."*

Now there's a a man (and wife) who will use anything to say that Kerry is a bad man! More hypocritical projection...I can't stand it!!

*Dean, John W., Worse than Watergate: The Secret Presidency of George W. Bush, Little, Brown and Company, NY, 2004, p. 178.

Now, this is judgemental, but I think quite on target:

"She's [Lynne Cheney] overreacted to this and treated it as if it's shameful to have this discussion. I think that's a very sad state of affairs. ... I think that it indicates a certain degree of shame with respect to her daughter's sexual preferences. ... It makes me really sad that that's Lynne's response," Mrs. Edwards told ABC News Radio.

I'm sure Fox just loves this tit for tat spat.

No comments: