Monday, October 11, 2004

Bush, a dry drunk who thinks G_d speaks to him?

My volunteer at work is a recovered alcoholic. She has called Bush a "dry drunk" several times and I've never questioned her about what she meant. I heard the author of Bush's Lies in State (an artist distracted from his usual subjects by current politics) Malachy McCourt on airamericaradio.com explaining it:

If one doesn't accept the emotional and spiritual impact of the disease of alcholism, then you start taking the hurt that you are avoiding feeling out on other people. Say, Iraqis?

How in the hell does he think G_d is telling him what to do? Who believes this? That makes 50% of us a frigging cult!

In Israel, Bush is believed to have said: "God told me to strike at al Qaida and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am etermined to solve the problem in the Middle ast. If you help me I will act, and if not, the elections will come and I will have to focus on them." Bush's God

No comments: