Wednesday, January 19, 2005

King Bush the robber; Boxer and Kerry

I haven't blogged for awhile so this will probably be quite random.

I've never felt so disgusted and blue about a Presidential inauguration. All the king's men and his corporate interests are lining up to line their pockets this term.

I am one of the few that I personally know that really believes that this election was stolen with unverifiable electronic votes (http://www.blackboxvoting.org). A lot of people wonder, though. I don't think Kerry won by much, but I do believe that he won. I'm not even sorry that he's not President because it wasn't his mess to clean up, but I'm just sorry that Bush is still making messes.

My husband and I are expecting a child in July; we are filled with joy about this little one. But I am blue about our world. The 20th century was the most violent, deadly, evil century man has known. The more we know, the more we kill through war, genocide, chemical accidents and bad enivronmental policies.

9-11 killed approximately the same number of innocent people that the American Union Carbide pesiticide plant leak in India killed. How many Americans have heard about the latter? Corruption and greed cause just as many deaths, if not more, than terrorism has.

I really do feel lucky to be alive and comfortable, but I wish this was true for more people around the world. In our country, I wish that people wouldn't abuse their children, spouses, and families. This helps us become obedient enough to follow a leader with dictatorial, corrupt, waring tendencies. I hope that America never gets back what she has dished out. That is why I speak up, that is why I give to different charities. Only Americans can try to counter, prevent and repair the violence that other Americans cause and favor.

At least the President's Social Security plan is coming to light. What a sham. It's in good shape, the trust fund is growing. I think this is all coming to a head because business and conservatives realize that social security is quite healthy (right now taxes pay more than retirees receive, the excess builds the trust fund which helps us save for boomers later) and they want to cash in the trust fund on Wall St. and stop contributing to it. It looks like boomers are in the position to screw themselves (and everyone after them) on social security with British-style (failed) private accounts. Just think, Bush could probably (with public support) steal from the healthy, conservative trust fund to help the "transition costs" for our radical private accounts. That's spending our future retirement, disability and death benefits on a gamble. He's not a king, he's a robber.

I wonder if Kerry and Boxer are on some conservatives hit list. I worry for them sticking their necks out like that and voting against Condi Rice. I'm proud of them for dissenting in public and standing up against the war and a government that refuses to admit and correct mistakes. I am terribly confused about the conservative talking heads. I heard Bill O'Reilly yesterday complaining that liberals were anti-American because they criticize the war and Bush. I heard another radio guy calling Barbara Boxer "the new Michael Moore (aka Goldstein)" because she dared to challenge Condi yesterday. He and a conservative doctor made Boxer into a pariah for confronting Condi instead of blindly welcoming her to the new post. Where is the respect for dissent in this country? Just the freedom of it? But then I hear O'Reilly saying we're not fighting for freedom in Iraq like the President says, we're fighting for U.S. economic and strategic interests. Well, nothing's working thus far and we're certainly not fighting for freedom at home (for outspoken liberals anyway) let alone in the rest of the world.

Update:
I found the notes I scribbled when tuning in to the local liberal turned neo-con radio host, he and his conservative doctor friend were using the following words to describe Boxer's dissent, "embarressing," "horrifying," "just making her constituents happy," and already mentioned "The new Michael Moore."

Soon we'll bomb Iran, if we miss something, there goes Israel...boom...what a golden Middle East policy.

No comments: