Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A plan to do nothing

#1. Even if you get a majority and vote to repeal, Obama is unlikely to sign it.
#2. You condition your reform ideas on a repeal instead of suggesting how the reform could be molded to your ideas.
#3. Either you didn't think of that, or you're plan is actually to do nothing (unless Obama signs your repeal, if you get a majority in November...).

Also, I will do everything I can to help an oppenent beat Sen. DeMint's reelection bid in the fall. Even funding a different Republican. Not only do I oppose him for successfully blocking a national security appointment that I personally knew to be incredibly valuable for our security, he thinks gay people shouldn't marry because they would spread disease. Even if that were as true as the fact that straight married people can spread disease, doesn't marriage STOP the spread of disease? This guy's logic is really skewed. He also use the term "break him" for Obama that I've since heard South Carolinians say is an old reference to "slave breaking" [I incorrectly wrote lynching earlier]. I will refrain from calling him names, but wowsy do I want to.


3 comments:

Commander Zaius said...

Yeah, I'm going to do everything I can to kick DeMint out of office but given the politics of this state he is 100% certain to win.

He won't even have a republican primary opponent.

Pink Liberty said...

Aw man, I'd rather have a conservaDem.

Will "take no prisoners" Hart said...

Hey, some of my best friends are conservadems!.....Seriously, though, I do have to wonder about the sincerity of the Republicans here. The Wyden-Bennett bill was probably even more "radical" than what the Senate ended up passing. And that bill had SEVEN Republican co-sponsors (including Chuck Grassley and Lamar Alexander). Maybe the Dems have been right all along; they just don't want the President to get a victory here.