Saturday, February 02, 2008

Being Green Today

I'm feeling really good because I've spent the morning actually doing something to prepare for our new baby. We're reusing a double stroller that my sister-in-law (married to a Reagan Democrat, no less) wonderfully saved for anyone who would need it (possibly us in particular) for six years! It's been painstaking but also a welcome brain puzzle to disassemble it so that I can wash every fabric part.

The other thing I've begun successfully and consistently doing is to use a big, soft "cool" insulator bag for grocery shopping (it's kind of like a big beach bag with a zipper) that I bought at Costco for $6. Not only is it good at the grocery store (the baggers actually put the cool stuff in there for me!) but when I get home it's really easy for me to recycle or reuse any paper and plastic bags I've used by putting them in the empty "cool" bag to take back out to the car. Then I just pull it out of the car whenever I grocery shop. I feel good about all this today!

Peace.

No comments: