Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Expecting a boy!

Call it woman's intuition or just luck, but I felt that I was carrying a boy. An ultrasound confirmed that yesterday and my husband and I are excited and proud (-: Our child's name mean's "God's gift" and that sums up how awed we are at this little one's presence.

Even though I thought it was a boy, and wasn't letting myself fantasize about having a girl, I'm realizing I'd let girl in a little bit. Especially when it comes to yoga. I plan on massaging our baby and putting him in gentle yoga postures to help his bones grow strong and keep his organs healthy, but I realized I was imagining having a little girl beside me in yoga class! It almost seems wrong and way too domineering to take a little boy to yoga when he's 3 years old. I'm sure I'll do it once, but if he doesn't like it there's no way I can take him back! And if he does like it should I feel guilty for it? Am I feminizing our boy? Actually, yoga is both "masculine" and "feminine," a beautiful balance of force and peace, peace and force. In most red states I would feel guilty for taking a boy to yoga class--but luckily I live in a far more enlightened blue state. At least, we'll see...


1 comment:

Valley Dude said...

I'm so proud to be the father of this baby!!! You are going to be a great mommy.

XXXXOOO