Sunday, August 01, 2004

On Holiday

This week I leave with my husband for a long, romantic and restful tropical honeymoon and I will try not to think about politics and I thank heaven that the Olympics will take Americans' minds off of the election for a little while.

The Democratic Convention was absolutely inspiring to me. I don't look forward to the Republican convention, I think it will anger me with its deceptions, but I hope to work on my ability to become angry quickly. My husband and I are going to put together a specific list about where our tax money goes, and how much it is. Why don't we all know this? It's our money, it's our government. Nobody in government wants us aware of these things.


Kerry is:

good for the environment
good for women
good for our economy (we are lucky he wants to deal with the financial mess that Bush has made for us--who do we tax to help these problems if not those making over $200 K?)
good for ending the war and for increasing national defense
good for schools
good for healthcare
good for building communities
good for gathering allies
good for manufacturing
good for a strong, smart military

Bush is:

good for Halliburton
good for evangelicals
good for polluters
good for the wealthiest Americans
good for Saudis
good for big oil
good for coal mining
good for loggers
good for HMOs
good for prescription drug companies
good for isolationists
good for exporting jobs
good for private companies who do so-so military contracting
good for healthcare for Iraqis
good for investigating and judging other people's and politician's private lives
good at hiding his own private life
good at screwing with voter's rights





No comments: