Monday, August 18, 2008

Where do we get the real news, Holland?

I'm pretty sad. It used to be that my father got the real news from the Manchester Guardian, I believe it was mailed to us in northern Missouri twice a month. My brother now reads The Economist for his real news. But I'm thinking...our lobbyists are probably implicated in the Georgia/Russia fiasco. And Tony Blair basically takes hush money from Saudi Arabia, the country that appears to be calling the shots in this world.


What country publishes news that YOU would trust?

2 comments:

Stella by Starlight said...

Sadly, Saudi Arabia has the most oil in the world, followed by Canada at #2, and Iran at #3. Yet, for some odd reason, few politicians have the courage to discuss that 9 out of 15 9/11 hijackers came from Saudi Arabia.

Interesting. Wiki is not my normal research resource, but has a decent overview. What's more interesting is that Iraq is the #4 country with the most oil. I'm inclined to agree with you about Georgia and Russia.

I still think Britain has better news coverage than the U.S. A good place to go is CSPAN where you can watch long, and sometimes fascinating, Congressional hearings (warts and all).

I pretty much rely on the web these days. One of the places I get great news is at the Urban Pink blog. Would you like the URL?

:L)

Pink Liberty said...

Shucks!