Monday, October 01, 2007

The Boys Who Cry Wolf

I was just ruminating about how it is that Justice Clarence Thomas LIED through his judiciary committee testimony and he still got appointed to the Supreme Court.

How is it that our President LIED during his debates about nation building and now gets to do it unquestioningly. How is it that he has continually lied to us about Saddam Hussein, our government's spying capabilities, the state of the war/occupation, and any number of things (I'm certain there's a list somewhere that's easy to find) and he gets away with it?

I'm sure people are breaking laws and getting away with it.

I don't know what I'm going to tell my children, because, quite honestly, you can lie your way through and become a Supreme Court judge and the President of the United States. That's what's real when we peel all the filters and arguments and layers of crap away.

The conservatives are supposed to be the reward and punishment party. Where are the punishments?

I can say this, I have NO PATIENCE for any liberal or conservative or journalist that looks away when they have a responsibility or happenstance to hold someone accountable for untruths and law breaking...it's got to start with parenting, too.

1 comment:

LET'S TALK said...

Well I guess that takes a lot about George Bush parents!