Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Jena

I haven't found any news reports that give the whole chronology of events so I have yet to make a judgment on this. I can say that conservatives who buy "reward and punishment" morality will not sympathize with six people beating up one--even if the one provoked it--they will see the six as criminals (and yes, conservatives are very often racist), liberals will see the six as victims of justice gone bad (something that just doesn't seem to concern conservatives). I do think that kind of beating is vigilantism plain and simple and ought to be tried as such...but attempted murder? Was there any attempt to report the initial beating to police? Didn't the six turn in the "victim's" gun to police (oh, those kids didn't beat up anybody and still got arrested!)?

I will say that I'm glad there's a network of bloggers that are monitoring sentencing problems--and organizing people. Hooray!

Update:

This seems to be accurate reporting and really shows the infuriating injustice of what's going on in Louisiana. After the protest march, one actively racist underage "white" kid gets a DUI and is out of jail in one night while police call him a "prankster" which makes me think the cops are also KKK supporters/actors, and "black" kids get the maximum bales and sentencing. It's simply wrong. Thanks, Let's Talk:

Jena

3 comments:

E.Michael Liu said...

some great point you made in your post, great blog

LET'S TALK said...

urbanpink, thanks for the visit to Let's Talk and thnks so very much for the reference at this post.

I did the post on Jena 6 because one of my frequent readers asked my opinion and I thought it would be best to write a post as to facts and what I thought about said incidents.

I hope you have the time to look over the new site started called Let's talk God. I'm placeing you on all three of my sites Blog Links. My third site is called Let's Talk About It. At some point today I will add your site.

LET'S TALK said...

Hi urbanpink, this is Larry from Let's Talk God. I've posted your story at the site and I've included a photo also. If you prefer not to use the photo, just let me know and I will gladly remove it.
Thanks so very much for sharing your story at Let's Talk God and I pray that it's the first of many.