Friday, July 06, 2007

Excellent opportunity to help impeach Cheney and Bush

I've ranted about this on other blogs but not my own, as far as I can tell. This is what I wrote:

I urge the Congress of the United States to begin impeachment hearings for Vice President Cheney and President George W. Bush. The crimes of this administration have made this action imperative in order to protect the Constitution of the United States. There is no greater priority for this Congress, no greater duty, than to defend our Constitution. Congress must also demand that we exit Iraq as soon as possible.

5 comments:

Vigilante said...

Let the Church say, AMEN, (I trust that it did!)

Stella by Starlight said...

Hi urbanpink. I've posted a petition on my blog to impeach Cheney. Once he goes, Bush won't be much of a challenge. I just innocently queried why people who committed high crimes and misdemeanors were allowed to serve in public office.

I like what you've said about Edwards: you've given me political food for thought.

Christmas Card Commentary said...

It's not only the illegal stuff this administration has done that amazes me, but some of the stuff they've done within their legal mandate, like commute criminals' sentences (recent examples stand out). What a world.

Vigilante said...

Good point, Stella. Bush is dependent on Cheney just as Fredo is dependent on Turd Blossum.

Stella by Starlight said...

Yes, H.Res 333, the Impeach Cheney bill, was introduced by Dennis Kucinich to the House. Unfortunately, there are only 14 sponsors to date.

H.Res 530, the Censure George Bush bill, introduced by Robert Wexler [FL] has only 16 cosponsors. Censure is not enough: impeachment for both Bush and Cheney are the only legal remedies.

There aren't enough Democrats who kept their promises to the voters. If they don't get their act together, we'll find ourselves back with a GOP Congress.