Thursday, July 05, 2007

Dear Sen. Boxer,

I implore that you and Congress hold our President accountable for the crimes that he has committed against our people, our military, and in Iraq. I believe it is Congress' number one priority and duty to impeach him and the Vice President; I'm sorry that you didn't pick this as a priority, but our President's behavior has demanded it. I don't know what we'll tell our children if you choose to look the other way and let his aggressive moves toward dictatorship continue.

1 comment:

Stella by Starlight said...

I believe few politicians have worked as hard to impeach Bush as Barbara Boxer. She's done a great deal for California and added her name as a supporter to the Feingold Impeachment bill, as did Harry Reid and Tom Harkin.

I'm on her mailing list and believe she's working behind the scenes while Henry Waxman keeps subpoenaing Cheney and the military contractors (Halliburton, KBR, etc.) to testify before the House Oversight Committee of which he is chair.

However, your eloquent comments touched me deeply. That she is not more deeply committed to impeachment, even though she has demonstrated a willingness to pursue such action in the past, troubles me deeply.