Wednesday, May 09, 2007

The Age of Consequences--It's here.

Fire.
Tornado.
Heat Wave.

I look at my town and see dry leaves as a danger, one spark away from fire. The animals at the zoo were nearly evacuated yesterday.

I look at Kansas, so near the towns where I grew up, and think about the tornadoes I saw then. And I imagine the brutal, enormous, awesome and raging tornadoes that must have passed through those towns the other day. I never saw anything like that as a kid.

I think of last summer in England in July and how my son slept in a diaper overnight, every night--unimaginable in my youth when I would visit every summer only to be surprised by the cold and damp.

Citibank is now investing billions of dollars into responses to climate change.

All we have to do is follow the money...it's here.

No comments: