Thursday, February 08, 2007

Hillary and the rightwing

There's that Freudian idea bloggers keep pointing out, that we hate that which is most like us. The rightwing hates Hillary. I heard Tammy Bruce slamming her for some position on taking away oil company profits 1) as if that's possible and 2) as if Hillary's the biggest threat to our current economic system that rewards CEOs and slams workers.

It seems to me that Edwards is a much bigger threat to the status quo, and I don't know Obama's positions, but I would guess that Obama might be very radical economically (considering his international perspective--although I'm thinking he may have voted for the Bankruptcy bill, I have to check that). But the rightwing is going to put all its energy into attacking Hillary Clinton. Its fascinating to me! Hillary will have to fight other Democrats and the rightwing to win the primaries, that will seem to take a toll on both her and the rightwing. Hmmm.

In any case, I'd love to see a weakened rightwing when the Democratic Presidential candidate does emerge.

1 comment:

Vigilante said...

JRE is okay, better than Dodd, Biden and the other opportunists in the race. It's just a three-person race this year unless Gore surprises me.