Thursday, January 25, 2007

$Hillary

Dear Hillary,

I congratulate you on being the media's front runner, however, I am deeply saddened by the amount of private capital that is needed to run successful campaigns. The other day I heard a reporter praise your campaign because he respects money. Because of the way our elections and lobbying efforts work now, I think politicians represent property over people, which seems to explain nearly every one of our policies, from Iraq to health care. Does this bother you at all and do you have any plans to support state and federal reqiurement of publically funded campaigns?

I believe the citizens of this country could fund services to qualified candidates; direct mail, the internet, as well as TV commercials, debates, and travel expenses. What else do the voters need from candidates? I would be happy to hear that you're using the master's tools to tear down his house.

Thank you

No comments: