Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Wrong about the vote....

Boy was I wrong. I cried like a baby last night, disgusted by the injustice of a winning campaign full of repeated lies, bullying, character assassinations, moral divisiveness (gay bashing beyond my wildest fears) and scare tactics. I saw the death of all progressive economic, energy, and social policies. I felt like my dysfunctional family kept our charming abusive father from going to jail. The only silver lining for me is that Bush has to clean up his own mess. Let's hope he does--and let's hope he doesn't concede this country and the courts (for generations to come) to the extreme right. It looks like Arlen Specter, a more responsible Republican from Pennsylvania, is trying to stop that, thank G-D he was re-elected.

My friend from Missouri was brave to point out to me and our friends who voted for Bush that whoever voted for Bush has blood on their hands (innocent Iraqis).

No comments: