Thursday, May 01, 2008

Personal Venting

I sit here blogging after telling my husband how much our downstairs neighbor's complaints bother me; they are about our toddler's footsteps/jumping/running/way of being. I often want to leave my home so I won't have to confront an angry neighbor, or to avoid having an angry neighbor take out illegal remedies against us--and leaving my home is often difficult with a 2-1/2 month old baby AND a toddler.

So, like I said, I'm sitting here blogging and I smell my downstairs neighbor's cigarette smoke. I shut the window, and the smell intensifies.

Which neighbor has it worse? We're suffering second hand smoke. Are my son's sounds noise pollution? They seem to pale in comparison to the garbage truck backing up, the leaf blowers, the construction next door, the weed wackers...ugh...

The good news is, house rental prices seem to be dropping!

Peace.

2 comments:

Vigilante said...

Yes, I wish you peace. It's a blessing to like all your neighbors enough to walk outside just to talk to them! For the first time in my life, I can do that. But it's a rare goody, indeed. In the meantime, the solution for you? Keep on blogging!

Stella by Starlight said...

Yes, keep on venting, blogging, and ranting. Childless us have neighbors above us with a 2-year-old. Sure, we hear the footsteps of a child: it makes us happy to see our neighbor's child growing up.

Trophy Hubby and I count ourselves fortunate that we don't have to put up with nasty rap music booming us out of our apartment. Our dear neighbors may move, so we're a little uptight about who might move in.

Sounds of life are not noise pollution. Everyone on our floor has dogs except, unfortunately, us. I love hearing the Doberman "speak" or the little chihuahua mix running up and down the hall.

Smelling cigarette smoke is nasty. Smokers should ALWAYS respect non-smokers. If I had children, I'd be raising holy hell about people's second-hand smoke in my apartment. I'm extremely anti-smoking, though.

You're right: children's precious noise is not noise at all. It's life. I hope things go better with your apartment and everything goes well for you and your family. Peace indeed.

So, house rentals are going down? Finally, a bright side to the recession...

P.S. Where's the pictures?