Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Govering Reform, let's all contact our leaders to push for it!!!

I called Jane Harmon to let her know I'm for banning lobbying and for public financing of campaigns with restrictions on advertising.

http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/112206J.shtml

By the way, I think Thanksgiving should be about love and family, not pilgrims and turkeys. For the first time this year I'm really disturbed by the puritanical imagery and sacrificial turkeys. We have a dark and sinful history with Indian Americans and Thanksgiving symbols just gloss right over that. All I see are Pilgrims at the table with big grins and their fingers crossed.

Peace.

1 comment:

Vigilante said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Pinks!

On Thanksgiving Day, I will feel in a thanking and giving mood because I will be surrounded my family and friends. The day after thanksgiving, I will no longer feel thankful because it will be Bush's un-provoked, unnecessary, largely unilateral invasion and unplanned occupation of Iraq (UULUIUOI) that surrounds me and my family. . .

But I will still be in a giving mood. I'll be wanting to give Bush all the hell I can summon.