Thursday, September 14, 2006

Simple things

Tonight I begin my quest to put Democratic ideas into accessible language.

So Karl Rove is waging wars all over this country to keep Democrats from winning seats in Congress--he historically uses lies and disortions to label people as simply weak, bad, or crazy. He does this, it seems, because Republicans can't win on their own merits.

I'm a Democrat. Democrats generally don't hire people to dig into their opponents records for negative information. I think it's because we actually have values like:

I teach my children that playing fairly benefits everyone.

I teach my children that you can win without someone else losing (win/win).

I teach my children that if you have to cheat to win, you're not winning.

I teach my children to show respect for other people.

I teach my children that people are not all bad or all good, we are all good and bad and let's hope the good outweighs the bad, greatly.

I teach my children that people matter more than things, or even ideas.

I teach my children that if you have to win by making someone else look all bad, you look all bad.

Peace

No comments: