Thursday, March 10, 2005

Contact your representatives!!

Dear Sen. Feinstein,

My husband and I truly hope that you will oppose the Bankruptcy bill set to benefit our credit card companies using outrageous interest rates and predatory lending policies. And the loopholes for the rich are also immoral and unfair! My husband and I have a goal to become debt-free through payments, but that doesn't mean we don't have sympathy for those who don't have the means to overcome the debts created while they were wooed as adolescents in college by predatory credit card companies, or who suffer from job losses or health care crises.

We are watching what Democrats do on this issue very closely. Americans are waking up to the influence corporate money is having on our politicians' votes.

[I didn't say that I expect this kind of immoral and greedy behavior from Republicans, but I mean that]

No comments: