Friday, June 18, 2004

Nader NO!

Dear Ralph Nader and his supporters,

I wrote to this website when Mr. Nader was considering running to explain why I think Mr. Nader should not run for President. Now he is at 6% in what is bound to be another close election. I think the risk of another George Bush Presidency is a sufficient enough reason for him to stop running. Bush was not elected but won his office through political machinations. This time he could be elected, possibly with the help of a Republican voting machine company, and I fear it would not be a failure on the part of Kerry, who has ran an amazing and people-powered campaign thus far, it could be the failure of our voting systems, or our media, our educational systems. Does Nader really think there is no difference between a Republican or a Democratic Presidency? I think our environment, our civil rights, and our lives (in terms of health and safety in this violent world) are much better served by any Democrat than an ignorant, flag wrapped, born-again oil baron. Please understand the consequences of your failure to win this election (implausible) and I beseech you once more to not make the perfect the enemy of the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you and I share a lot of the same feelings about Nader running for President. Of course, I'm talking about his current (2008) run, and you blogged about his 2004 run. I especially like your comment "Does Nader really think there is no difference between a Republican or Democratic Presidency?" I hope you will do a follow-up post. You might also consider adding a "Nader No" button to your post:
http://nader.no.sac-on.com/