Monday, May 17, 2004

LOVE

I was glad to see and expecting gay marriage to become legal soon. It shocks me that so many people are against it. I heard a Catholic priest today saying that gays being allowed to marry reflects the downfall of our culture. Oh right! I'm sure that tops:

1. Racism
2. Ethnic hatred
3. Political ignorance
4. A broken educational system
5. Violence against women
6. Political corruption
7. The concentration of media and its unresponsiveness to public needs
8. Destructive narcissism

My point is this:

If two people want to join together in love and lifetime devotion, how does that constitute cultural decline?

Sodomy? If someone looks at a gay couple and imagines "sodomy" or some sexual act a priori the observance of lovelight in that couple's eyes--who is it that's going to hell?

I don't actually believe anyone goes to hell, although I could totally see someone coming back as an insect.

Insects do appear to be unresponsive to love.






No comments: