Thursday, December 17, 2009

Healthcare

I'm giving my facebook friends a break from my ranting about healthcare. I never get any comments anyway. Either I'm preaching to the choir or they don't care.

So I'm looking at the Rasmussen poll that puts 56% of Americans against the current healthcare bill (Pew has 47%). I could throw this bill out, my only caveat is that it seems to make some major insurance reforms (allowing pre-existing conditions).

The reason I found this poll was because I got into a very interesting argument with an "independent" man who doesn't believe government should run healthcare and that the private sector could take care of it (I knocked that position down from every angle I could think of). He also puts a lot of stock in the "facts" he gets from Fox News. He was really pissed that Obama might sign a healthcare bill that "60% of Americans don't want." So I found this poll from June very interesting:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/21/health/policy/21poll.html?_r=1>New York Times

85% said our healthcare system needed to be changed or fundamentally rebuilt. 76% said they supported something like Medicare for those under 65!

It's maddening that our Congress and our President isn't even close to giving us what we actually need and want.

No comments: