Thursday, September 11, 2008

Fun, Stella, thanks for tagging me (-:

1. Where was I ten years ago?

Atlanta, Georgia establishing artistic cred. I was living in a cheap condominium in Midtown (a great neighborhood) with two cats and working at a private university with the wear-my-ego-issues-on-my-sleeve ex-husband. My father had died in February of that year.

2. What was on my To Do list today?

Eat breakfast, catch a column in the paper, squeeze in a shower, empty the dishwasher, two loads of laundry (a drop in the bucket), water the plants on the balcony, feed the baby (at one point nursing the baby directly opposite the McDonald's at the mall) and 3-year old, entertain both and exercise both, download I-Tune and Quicktime updates for my 3-year old's "applications", this tag list, discuss the counter-offer on the condo we want to buy that costs 6 times more than the one I had in Atlanta. It was a light day.

3. And my favorite number. What would I do if I were a billionaire?

Wow. Like, Stella, I would want a self-sustainable house and garden, but in a nice neighborhood near lots of shops, and that would include a big, light art studio and reception area. I would set up personal retirement and education funds for our children, and fund children's health charities, research into environmental issues that effect health, as well as alternative medicines. I would vigorously support progressive candidates and transparent, efficient government.

4. Five places I've lived.

Beverly Hills, California
Brooklyn, New York
Columbus, Ohio
St. Louis, Missouri
Eastbourne, England

5. Bad Habits. Numerous!
  • Procrastination; putting off the stuff I don't enjoy doing.
  • Distraction; doing the stuff to the detriment of the stuff I should do, and even WANT to be doing, and Peripheral focusing (which isn't focusing at all, it's multi-tasking ALL THE TIME).
  • Chocolate binges.
  • Anger; a short temper (I profusely apologize when this happens to my sweet kids), and raging against things I have no control over (right wing idiocy) to those who also have no control over it (and occasionally to those who do, but I try to keep my composure then).
  • Budget busting (I'm trying to get better at this!)
  • Using TV like a babysitter (okay, not for THAT long...).
  • There's more...

2 comments:

Stella by Starlight said...

Anger; a short temper... and raging against things I have no control over... to those who also have no control over it. Rage against them. They can do something.

Rage, rage against the dying of the light...
Do not go gentle into that good night.


This is so wonderful to hear about the babies and you. A wonderful break from the political ugliness that ensues. Thank you so much for playing tag.

By the way, if you want to rage, there's a huge list of PUMA sites on my blog. I'm on a mission to respond to every site and get them thinking about the grotesque duo. Can we talk about short tempers.

I found another urban pink out there from Thailand, I think. Enjoy your day. My best to you, Schmog, and the kids.

Stella by Starlight said...

Ouch, I meant to say, "Rage against those who CAN do something about it: they need to hear us the most."