Friday, December 15, 2006

Chanukah bugs

I've had an amazing time today celebrating Chanukah with my husband and son--blessings, songs, candles, dessert gifts. My Christian family has sent us gifts that have involved such thoughtfulness and love they remind me of the few times a year we get to spend together.

But this week I let myself get into an argument over Israel with a blogger who hates all religions. He argues that Jews use God to kill.

I know in my heart that the real issues here are politics, and that any maniacal soul can use religion, and in particular the Bible, to justify evils and triumphs.

I think I just let myself feel belittled for my religious choice, or my religion got belittled. Wow, I will certainly try harder to keep my act clean on that score.

I've been rather tough on Christians lately. I sincerely apologize to anyone that I may have left feeling judged for their religious choice. I do not wish to condemn a religion or a belief system, and I will try to keep my analyses very specific to certain acts and deeds.

Happy Chanukah, Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanzaa!

Peace.

1 comment:

Vigilante said...

The best advice I can give you about Skip S., is to put him on ignore.

(You're supposed to ask, now, how I knew who you were talking about!)