Thursday, June 15, 2006

G_d is the Word, the Word is G_d

I have no intention of reading the blonde conservative's new book, and she does not deserve my rage, but lest she think that there is no outrage over her accusation that liberals are godless, let me voice mine.

I saw her speak on the Tonight Show after Jay Leno questioned the language that she uses to make her points. He characterized it as nasty. She denied that it's nasty (see the link below and form your own opinion about her word choices).

"The wisdom of Ann Coulter"

I'm only human, and am not anywhere near perfect, but I have been trying to make my words "impeccable" lately which means "without sin." It is the First Agreement of the four agreements, a theory that I believe would make this world a much better place. I'm liberal. I guess you could call this political correctness, you could also call it trying to make myself into a woman who feels G_d's presence through my words. It involves showing respect for others as well as myself.

So I'm not enraged that Ann Coulter is labeling me as godless because I'm a liberal, that is simply wrong, I'm enraged because I don't recall hearing her say one true or godly thing tonight. In other words, she's a pot calling the kettle black (when the kettle is actually a brown).

She characterized liberals as an intolerant religion--that we all follow the same mantras and infuse our children, government and schools with our radical agenda. Ha! If that were true we'd be so powerful! The truth is, we have lots of competing ideas. If we are unified as liberals at all, it is possibly the principle that knowledge is good, that learning is good, that honest debate is good, and that science is generally good (and valid). We are tolerant, but are wary of the intolerant. This can lead to intolerance of the intolerant, naturally, but liberal principles include tolerance. She is telling us we're generally intolerant and weak at the same time she's saying we're so powerful. Illogical.

So I wonder which conservative first hired her to go around saying that liberal men are wimpy. That seems to be her whole M.O. Watch out for the godless, wimpy liberal threat!

Huh? That's hardly something to make us shudder--oh wait, that straw man is so that we don't ELECT liberals. It's much better to elect uninformed "strong" conservatives who can't handle wars, national disasters, money or scientific truths. Yeah, that's better for America.

No comments: