Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Politics R Us

The worst offender is the L.A. Times who asks us all to refrain from political analysis of this mass murder and then proceeds to outline political arguments based on this mass murder. Huh?

And to anyone else in the press or politics who attempts to silence political analysis of this tragic event, I ask:

Since when is life separate from politics?

Where do YOU stand on mental health issues, community problems, and guns?

I cannot imagine the grief of parents, friends and relatives of the murdered. But I do imagine that at least of few of them are thinking: Maybe this could have been prevented; how? At the very least, can't the loss of these precious young lives compel us learn from this tragedy?

How do we become a responsible society that heals unhealthy people? Isn't that what we ALL need?

I've mourned someone close to me, and I wanted the world to stop, too, and I wanted to know WHY? Those who must tragically mourn, will mourn. But to those of you, who are unrelated to the victims, and who are saying to the rest of us (our society), "Don't ask any questions!!!" I say, "You're either part of the future or get out of the way." (Thanks again, John Mellencamp)

Peace.

2 comments:

FunkyTown Fighter said...

"Your either part of the future or get out of the way" GREAT comment! I say move Shrub&Prick NOW!!!!

Vigilante said...

Seconding Funky, I stopped to observe that our Left Coast L.A. Times once aspired to contend with the N.Y. Times as 'a paper of record'. Once considered a leading national newspaper, it has fallen back into the flock of undistinguished metropolitan papers.