Friday, June 11, 2004

Judgements

I'm going to therapy again which, for me, involves talking to someone who can easily identify the patterns of self-defeating behavior that I participate in. I suspected that the new office I go to is fond of drugging their patients and today I found one in the waiting room who was so loaded that she was talking to everyone about every thought that went through her head. I couldn't ignore her so I answered some of her impertinant but not offensive questions.

Anyway, I was so strengthened by my therapy session that when I went to Save-on to buy some necessary things (albeit the curling iron was additional) I started talking back to the Angelos. One guy in line behind me (who was very impatient--gees I hate that) turned to me and said, "Who comes to Save-on to buy wine?" as the cashier placed a bottle of wine in the being-served-customer's bag. I was annoyed that he was slamming this poor old woman for being so uncool (does he need that to feel good about himself?) and I said, "Maybe it's a good deal." He shrugged. I should have checked out what he was buying from Sav-on.

Ick.

I read that happy people don't go to bed worrying about global climate change and other things beyond our immediate control (like putting Ronald Reagan's presidency in a realistic context). Will try this.


No comments: